Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Naptime and Potty Training

Things are not going well here on the potty training homefront. I have resorted to filling her full of undiluted apple juice, which she never gets, so that she will drink it all quickly and hopefully help her to use the potty. Here is the problem, we have spent a lot of time on the potty however she has not used it even once. I put her on it in the morning when her diaper is still dry and when she get up from her nap, still no luck. I finally give up and put her diaper back on and guess what she goes immediately. I guess this is normal, I don't know. We have decided to take a break for a while. I hadn't thought of this until Matthew's mom suggested that I wait until my Bible study starts and maybe there will be someone potty trained in her room and she might see them and get the hang of it. However I am potty trained and I have tried to model the behavior many times and still no luck! Ha!


On to cuter things...
Here is what I see everyday at about 3:30 pm. Yes, I know she is 2 1/2 years old and she still has to have her "paci and lovey" to go to sleep. I really don't know how or when we are going to take it away from her. Frankly, she sleeps so great I am scared to try. She does know she has to leave it in her bed when she gets up. Check out her hair. The longer and curlier it gets, the wilder it looks when she wakes up. You should see it when she goes to bed at night with wet hair.


1 comment:

Sharon said...

Let me just tell you! WAIT UNTIL SHE IS READY to potty train. Whenever that is! I won't write it all here and maybe you read it on my blog, I don't remember all that I typed, but literally one min. she wanted a diaper and not to go potty and LITERALLY 10 min. later it was her idea to potty and we haven't had a diaper since. AND she wears panties at nap and bedtime! Literally, once it was HER idea and I wans't pushing at all, she did it that fast! Everyone told me that, so I'm passing along the amazing advice that was frustrating to wait on, but totally worth it in the end. It was the easiest thing I have ever had to do with her! Good luck!