Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Labor Day Weekend



Abigail and I went to Paris Labor Day weekend because one of my best friends from high school Staci was coming home for a visit. She and her husband Travis and little girl Sierra live in Jacksonville, FL so they only get to come once a year. Sierra has gotton so big and Staci is expecting another little girl at the end of February. While we were at home we went to the fair in Camden where my grandparents and brother live. Scott met us at the fair, so that is him holding Abigail in the picture with my mom. You have to understand that for some reason up until now Abigail has been very distant and pretty much rude to my brother and other male family members that she only sees every few weeks. She won't even look at them and then she will cut her eyes over and give them a dirty look, and she wouldn't touch them or even take a toy from their hand. She would start whining to be picked up and turn her back to them. It is really embarassing but I really didn't know how to fix it. I had tried everything like keeping pictures of them on the fridge and talking about them. Well, little did I know that riding the merry-go-round would do the trick. I knew she loved it because we have one here at the mall that we ride often. Abigail wanted to ride the rides so bad that she didn't care who was taking her and I guess she realized Scott wasn't going to hurt her and she has been acting better ever since. Scott carried her all night and rode the rides with her and he took her to get cotton candy and she sat in his lap to eat it and that has never happened. Maybe she is coming around and just getting older might have helped. I hope so!

No comments: