Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2007

6 Years and Counting!


Well, tomorrow is our 6th wedding anniversary so the other day I used my precious naptime(Abigail's that is) to walk down memory lane looking through old pictures from our younger days. I wish I could say that we were doing something exciting tomorrow night but the fact is that we went to dinner on Wednesday night so we could let Matthew's parents keep Abigail. They left yesterday to go visit Amie , Craig, Jimmy, and John. As for Saturday, the real day, we will be doing our usual. Getting up, eating breakfast, "playing toys" abigail says, eating some lunch, taking a nap, getting up "playing toys" some more, hopefully not cooking dinner, going to get something to eat where you don't have to wait because 2 year olds don't like to wait, coming home to give abigail a bath and finally sitting down without a littte person needing something for at least 5 minutes. Sounds like a plan to me!
I found this picture as I was looking through old albums. I actually scanned it in because we got married before the digital age.(sounds like a long time ago doesn't it?) It was taken right before we left to go to our wedding rehearsal dinner. It doesn't seem like it was six years ago. I remember my mom taking this picture just as she has done for every other event in my life. Mom says "I need to take a picture before you leave" which means 15 pictures and I say "no we have to go now, hurry up!" As usual I wasn't appreciative at the time but at this season in my life I am so thankful for all her picture taking aggravation through the years.

Happy Anniversary Matthew, I hope we have at least 56 more!












No comments: